Sunday, July 11, 2010

summer explosion in the garden.

The cool and wet spring has given way to a warm and sunny summer.  Our own little corner of the world is experiencing a typical season:  foggy cool mornings, clear and sunny afternoons with temperatures about 70 - 80 Fahrenheit.  I spent some time watering and weeding, and taking some photos.  





I was feeling frustrated as I keep finding plums that look like this.  Could be the raccoons, and we've seen birds also going for the fruit.  As I scooped half-eaten plums from the ground and into the compost bucket, I wondered if all the work was worth it.  And as I kept working, I found yes - it's very worth it.  
a honeybee in the marjoram and oregeno


soybeans!  I can't believe it, this is the first time I've been able to grow one of these from seed.  
Literally, the fruits of a days work.  Well worth it!   Turns out that was the last of the plums.

A week later, I return from camping and find that our tomatoes are begining to ripen.  
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment